Hannah Cresswell

I am going to create a Blog based on my musical theatre sessions and any additional musical theatre work/performances that you see outside of college.
I will also be talking about some of our musical theatre lessons.

Sunday 26 February 2012

Our Musical Theatre Lessons

Our production that we are performing at the end of the year for musical theatre is called Malice, which has been taken from the story Alice in Wonderland. We have used the same characters but there is a twist to our story, there are two sets of characters one set in reality and one set in wonderland. So basically there are doubles of each characters, e.g 2 Alices, 2 Mad Hatters etc. Our production has the same story line but because it is a musical we have used modern day songs and changed the lyrics to tell the story through singing.
One of our lessons, the teachers chose who would play the characters for the reality group and the wonderland group. The people that didn't get a character would be the chorus which is an important part of the production. I got chose to be Tweedle Dum in the Wonderland group. I was thrilled to be this character because Tweedle Dum is always happy and crazy. I think I will play this character really well.
In another one of our lessons we learnt some songs that will be sung in the production. The teacher took some original songs and changed some of the lyrics, so it was his own version. After we sung the songs about three times through we tried to but some movements to the song.
Another week we read through act 1 about two times, and started to piece it together, by creating the scenes etc. Sam the choreographer took the chrous into another room
Last week we went through all of act 1, and started to create movement for one of the songs which is called "Crazy and I know it". When we did all of the movement we started to sing at the same time, which is really hard when you need to focus on the dance moves. Also we got given act 2, so finally I can learn my lines. I have seen the lines that I have to speak and memorize and I think I will find some of the words really hard to pronounce, but I will give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment